Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Death or Glory! How to Thrive as an Ex-Military Entrepreneur
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
If you are in the regular or reserve Armed Forces, serving or retired, and you're considering becoming an entrepreneur, this event is for you.
Presented by Ben Brabyn, a former Royal Marine who has created 3 businesses and Stuart Nicol, a former Argyll and Sutherland Highlander who has invested over £120m of Venture Capital, this toolkit provides service leavers with what they need to convert their training, experience and skills to the world of commercial entrepreneurship.
The course includes:
- A life of Death or Glory! Is entrepreneurship right for you?
- Common pitfalls for service leavers. Improving your odds of success.
- Networking beyond the military. Returning from the lost tribe.
- Reconnaissance. Getting to know your market and customers.
- Cashflow and funds. Money makes this world go round.
- Getting on with it! Life is short.
We will also be providing a range of links to further resources, tips on LinkedIn, social media and introductions to resources such as the British Library Business and IP Centre. Attendees will also receive membership (normally costing £50) of Heropreneurs, a charity which enables ex military entrepreneurs with mentoring, events and networking.
Stuart Nicol is a trustee of Heropreneurs and Ben Brabyn is a mentor.
When & Where
Heropreneurs enables Service leavers, military spouses and Armed Forces veterans to set up and grow their own businesses. We do this by providing a comprehensive package of support services.
We are the only registered charity with this mission. We will ensure that all our aspiring entrepreneurs reach their full potential, their capabilities are recognised and that society benefits from their contribution.
Our programme includes:
- Business readiness workshops including business plans and financial forecasting
- A structured mentoring programme
- Expert business advice from lawyers and accountants
- Essential business skills workshops in subjects including PR
- Be Inspired entreprenuerial panels
- Public affairs advice
- The Heropreneurs community network